14 things you probably didn’t know about Boy Meets World
1. Danielle Fishel was originally cast as a guest star on the pilot. The actress who was cast as ‘Topanga wasn’t ‘working out’. Danielle and another girl were asked to read on the spot. Danielle won the role.
2. Ben Savage and Rider Strong are the only actors to appear in all 158 episodes.
4. Several times throughout the years they mention how Cory and Topanga first met, but it’s never the same story. Their “first” meeting happened at several different ages and places… even though I always remember it being the playground.
5. The ‘rules’ posted in the John Adams High School cafeteria are “No loud talking, no reading, no shooting.”
6. In the beginning of the show, Shawn mentions he has a sister, who helped straighten Cory’s hair. However, later on in the show, we learn that Shawn doesn’t have a sister.
7. The episodes “Prom-ises, Prom-ises”, “If You Can’t Be With the One You Love…”, and “The Truth About Honesty” are banned from airing on The Disney Channel due to their frank discussion about pre-marital sex and teen drinking.
In If You Can’t Be With The One You Love, Cory swigs whiskey out of a flask.
8. Cory’s first name stands for Cornelius.
9. In numerous episodes, the boys’ bathroom changes and is used as Feeny’s office, the guidance counselor’s office, a classroom, and the girls’ bathroom.
10. Boy Meets World used five theme songs over the years.
11. “Topanga” is a canyon in California that hippies would frequent. One of the writers got stuck in traffic while driving through there, and decided it was appropriate to the character.
12. The writers had originally intended to name Minkus “Stuart Lempke.” In the DVD audio commentary, they say the name was changed to Minkus because it was found that there was an actual person named Stuart Lempke living in Philadelphia.
13. In an interview with the cast of ‘Boy Meets World’ after the finale aired, Danielle Fishel revealed that in her last scene, she was originally not meant to cry. Knowing that it was her last scene ever, she broke down while saying her lines. The scene was kept as is, due to the realness of her emotion.
14. Mr. Feeny said the final line of the show: “I love you all. Class dismissed.” I bawl like a little girl every single time I watch it, so beware. One of the top two series finales I’ve ever seen. [Dawson's Creek is tied, I think.]
Finally- Don’t you worry… Cory and Topanga’s love is still real and going strong:
Also, they think Rebecca Black OBVIOUSLY copied their intro: