Bryan ISD 2011 Dress Code Changes
The Bryan ISD Board of Trustees adopted the Student Code of Conduct for the 2011-12 school year at its regular meeting June 13. Contained in the Code of Conduct is the dress code for all Bryan ISD students. Several changes are in store for students as they return to school in the fall.
- Sleeves are required on garments in all grades.
- Boys’ shirts must be tucked into the waistband in grades 6-12.
- Pants/slacks must be appropriately sized, worn at the waist, and belted for boys in grades 6-12.
- Acceptable shorts, dresses, skorts and skirts must reach the top of the knee or longer.
- Male students must be clean-shaven; fuzzy and stubby beginning growth must be shaved. Sideburns must not extend below the earlobe.
- Garments revealing the shoulders/undergarments are prohibited.
- Students are prohibited from wearing garments that are excessively tight.
- Oversized, baggy clothing and those with holes or tears are prohibited.
- Hair shall not be worn to cover facial features.
- Leggings may not be worn as the primary garment.
- Hoods may not be worn inside the school building.
- Costume contact lenses are prohibited.
Click here for a complete copy of the Bryan ISD Student Dress Code.
What do you think of the New Dress Code? Give us your input below.