Is it sexist? Got Milk’s PMS campaign
Apparently there’s some data that says milk can relieve symptoms of PMS. The milk marketers thought that was pretty cool and they designed a whole campaign around that concept. But did they go about it the wrong way? The ads are directed toward “men living wtih PMS” and feature terrified-looking husbands/boyfriends picking up milk for the ladies in their lives. The photos are captioned with phrases such as:
- I’m sorry I listened to what you said and not what you meant.
- We can both blame myself.
- I’m sorry for the thing or things I did or didnt’ do.
- I apologize for not reading between the right lines.
- Let’s agreet o disagree with me.
There have also been television ads around this concept, but they didn’t get quite the heated response as the print ads (pictured above.)
Now the ads have all been pulled and the campaign’s website EverythingIDoIsWrong.org is now “GotDiscussion.org” which features a sampling of reactions to the campaign.
So what do you think?… [polldaddy poll=5269055]