Update Your Parents’ Browser Day
Here’s a family-friendly holiday idea from The Atlantic: Rather than stand in line for hours and shop on Black Friday, why not upgrade your technologically challenged parents’ ancient Web browser?
Madrigal, senior editor at The Atlantic, writes:
“Thanksgiving is coming up, that time when families gather together to share food, extend gratitude, and marvel at how Dad still uses Internet Explorer 6. No, seriously, Dad, how can you be using a browser developed during the Clinton administration? That was like 10 presidents ago.”
All you need now is a good distraction.. and the IE team is way ahead of you. They put their heads together and came up with the Top-10 moments to update your parents’ browser this Thanksgiving holiday.
10. When they’re manning the fire extinguisher dealing with the yearly deep-fried turkey accident.
9. When they’re telling your cousins “when I was your age” stories.
8. When they’re face down in the eggnog punch.
7. When they’re fighting over the right way to carve a turkey.
6. When your mom kicks you out of the kitchen for peeling potatoes “the wrong way.”
5. When they’re sent to the grocery store at 2PM on Thanksgiving Day for extra cranberries.
4. When they’re sitting at the Adult’s table (rally the other kids to help).
3. When they’re standing in a Black Friday line.
2. When they’re untangling Christmas lights.
And the number one time to update your parents’ browser is…
1. When they’re distracted by grilling you about when you’re going to get a real job, when you’re going to settle down, and when you’re going to give them grandchildren.
So watch for these moments and many more to help them make the upgrade to a modern web browser today. Web developers everywhere will thank you!
Happy Thanksgiving from Candy 95 and the IE team.