Krashing Down ‘Survivor One World’ Episode #10
Episode 10: “I’m No Dummy”
Episode 10 of Survivor One World reminded me why I love this game so much! It was everyone versus Troyzan. The stakes were high and the drama was intense, in this tenth episode.
In Survivor Nicaragua we saw Fabio win the game against all odds. He was a very likeable character that the entire tribe wanted to vote off. Instead Fabio won a series of immunities leading to his season victory. Troyzan is in a similar situation, and I think he can do the same thing. After the departure of Michael and Jay, the writing was on the wall. Instead of completely moping Troyzan had a strategy. The strategy called “fear” and boy is it strong.
Much like the older seasons of Survivor, the castaways enjoyed a Survivor auction for food and luxury items. With these auctions there is always an important advantage in the game auctioned off at some point. Kim and Sabrina (the only smart girls) made a grave mistake by not plotting to win this. They should have saved their bidding money and won it immediately. This would prevent Troyzan from gaining an advantage. I’ll say this once and I’ll say it a million more times. No food item is as good as a million dollars. Troyzan kept his eye on the prize and won that advantage. It would bump him to the second round of the immunity challenge automatically.
When the tribe got back to camp Troyzan scoured the campsite for an idol. He even put a lump in his pants pretending he had it. The girls frantically searched as well, and it’s obvious paranoia exists in camp. Troyzan has been obnoxious, called the girls out, and has said they can’t beat him. This is a beautiful idea if you know you’re going home. A lot of these girls are weak and a psychological hex, is what may propel them to choke when it counts.
Can You Count?
The immunity challenge was an intense one, as everyone gunned for Troyzan. It was a mixture challenge featuring mini obstacles from weeks past. Tarzan and Troyzan made it to the finals, in which Troyzan won immunity. The vote seemed to be simple for all the ladies, vote off another guy. But why? Their only two options were Leif and Tarzan. They have NO CHANCE of winning the game. They would also be castaways who would vote for Troyzan at the end. Why not vote off Christina or Alicia who are sitting ducks anyhow? This female alliance thing was a good idea at the beginning. However you have to make smart business decisions in Survivor whether it’s voting off your own or not. Leif and Tarzan would be a perfect two to take to the end for Kim or Sabrina.
To make matters worse Troyzan had an idea to flip this game. He suggested that the two sitting ducks Alicia and Christina vote with him, and axe the head honcho Kim. If these people don’t know Kim is running the show yet, they are complete morons. In order to win this game you have to vote her out, and you have to take your shot immediately. Troyzan’s plan would give his group numbers. They would have Troyzan, Tarzan, Leif, Christina, and Alcia in the final five. This is pretty much a guarantee. But no Alicie and Christina apparently can’t count. Instead they want to stay at the bottom of a larger alliance with multiple power players. They all voted together and voted Leif out. To me this was a complete wasted vote. Kim has played a fabulous game, but her inability to force other players to make decisions may hurt her. Everyone on the jury has to know she orchestrated it. I would have hoped Sabrina or Chelsea would make a decision by now.
With only a couple episodes left, and eight castaways alive in the game, I want to rank their chances of winning.
8. Tarzan – No chance
7. Christina – No chance
6. Chelsea – No chance
5. Kat – I would say a 1% chance if she can make a big move and swing to another alliance.
4. Alicia – I’ll give her a 10% shot. She seems to understand the game, but is completely unwilling to make big plays.
3. Kim – A 20% chance would be appropriate. She arguably has played the best game, but it will kill her in jury votes. I think her only chance of winning is for her to off Sabrina immediately.
2. Troyzan – He has 25% opportunity to win this game. It’s all about immunity for Troy and I think he can ride them to the end. He has the best chance however if he makes it to the finals. I don’t think anyone can beat him in a jury vote.
1. Sabrina – Nearly half the percentage at 44% goes to Sabrina. She has played a fabulous game remaining in between the hierarchy. She has let Kim make a lot of tough decisions, while being seen as a positive leader by others. Sabrina can beat anyone besides Troyzan in a jury vote, and is most likely to make it to the final three. I think Sabrina still has to make one big move to solidify her victory however.
Player Of The Week: Troy Robertson
Player Of The Week Standings:
1. Kim – 3 Wins
2. Troyzan – 2 Wins
3. Sabrina – 1 Win
3. Christina – 1 Win
Michael (Eliminated) – 1 Win
Matt (Eliminated) – 1 Win