Summer Party Music!
Now’s the time of year you are planning your summer road trips, or if you’re like me, planning on what to do in town because you’re too broke for a road trip! Well, either way, you’re going to need toms tunes to get you through whatever summer shenanigans you and your buddies dream up. Being a fun loving guy who loves music, I figure I’d give you a head start to your summer playlist! I’ll try to give a good mix of a little bit of everything. Let’s get too it!
- Pitbull w/GRL “Wild Wild Love” – great beat! You put this on at the pool or beach and everyone can get into it and have a great time!
- Beastie Boys “Sabotage” – Talk about a great opening riff that’ll have you driving a bit too fast! Roll the windows down and punch it to your summer freedom.
- Green River Ordinance “It Ain’t Love” – More mellow than the two previous songs, but it’s got a groove that’ll have you looking for that summer fling.
- The Cadillac 3 “Get Your Buzz On” – This song is summed up with the lyrics “We came just for the party. We came for the girls to get naughty.” So if THAT’s the type of summer you want, don’t miss out on this tune.
- Kongos “Come With Me Now” – A bit of a club/EDM beat. Listening to the song, I imagine scantily clad women dancing sexy, then jumping around.
- 5 Seconds of Summer “She Looks So Perfect” – Speaking of scantily clad women, they’ll sing the chorus to this song loud and proud every time! You play music the girls like and now, the more they’ll be hanging around you.
- Katy Perry “Birthday” – Ladies also love them some Katy Perry. You could go with the older “I Kissed A Girl” and hope that the ladies you’re hanging with make out in front of you, but don’t be that cliche.
- Jason Derulo w/Snoop Dogg “Wiggle” – While you have those ladies hanging around you feeling good about their choices, go ahead and throw something on for yourself. The visual that comes with listening to this song is worth the listen itself.
- Bruno Mars “Locked Out of Heaven” – A fun song that most everyone will know. Kind of impossible not to have a good time singing along to this one.
- Coolio “Fantastic Voyage” – This song was MADE for road trips! An old school jam that by the time the song is done, you’ve picked up more people to go along with you without even realizing it.
- Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” – We all do stupid things when we’ve had a bit too much to drink. With this song, you can at least have a little laugh at falling asleep naked in the bushes of your ex-girlfriend’s house.
- Rosehill “Midnight America” – This is the song I generally end my crazy nights with. It’s a WHOLE lot of fun to go and people watch at any late night eatery. The things you see and the people you meet is priceless!
- Paramore “Ain’t It Fun” – Another one that the ladies will have a blast singing along to.
- Shakira “Hips Don’t Lie” – Another one of the songs that automatically get the ladies wanting to shake their hips.
- Whiskey Myers “Anna Marie” – Cool groove, sing along lyrics, and something a little different that’s probably not going to be played in every single stereo up and down the beach or at the pool.
I think I’ll stop there, because I could go on for days! I’d throw in a lot more old school rock, some 90’s tunes, and come more Texas Red Dirt music, but I think these 15 will give you a good start to your summer playlist. If you’d like to talk about other great summer songs, hit me up on Facebook or Twitter.