Not now Arctic Puffin!
A gun shop in California had a fantastic marketing idea this holiday season by running radio spots which sound more like they’d be about puppies than AK 47′s.
Not surprisingly, the ad has stirred controversy, with some anti-gun activists objecting to the ad’s supposedly misleading nature. But I’d argue that what the ad states is true: Guns are designed as much for defensive protection as for offensive harm. But despite all this, PRK Arms has seen an increase in sales.. especially with women.
Obviously, the potential for mishap exists, and gun safety should always be the first priority of a gun owner. But that doesn’t mean guns have no place on a holiday shopping list. The “peace of mind” that comes from a security system — whether a motion-triggered alarm or a well-stocked gun cabinet — is surely a welcome present.
What do you think of the ad?
hookup deal breakers? text yours to 23504 or call me at 7649595
According to a new study from the University of Ottawa and published in The Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality revealed that friends with benefits, one-night stands, booty calls and casual sex relationships can ultimately help a person make better choices when they’re ready to enter a long term relationship. Though I am not convinced this ever actually works out without one party falling for the other, in the spirit of the holidays, I’ve decided to enlist your help and make a list of deal breakers for those who would like to test this theory.
Because you deserve to get what you want out of this bad idea.. there are certain things that should be taken into account when looking for a partner.
We’ve all heard them- the hook up horror stories. In fact, I could probably write a book about it, but it would be a very uncomfortable read.
Though the list applies to both sexes, gentlemen, please pay special and close attention. I’m here to help. Some things just need to stop– and stop immediately.
1. The “Head Move”
If you’re a girl, you know exactly what I’m talking about already.
If you’re a guy, we know where it is. Coercison is never okay.
2. BAD KISSING
If you’ve watched “The Virgin Diaries,” nothing kills the mood faster than being on the recieving end of THAT.
I would post a video of it, but it’s too graphic and disturbing for my taste. Bottom line here, once you reach your 20′s, you should have this action down pat. If not, you are bound to disappoint in other areas.
If a casual relationship is your bag, you have to keep it that way. That means no sharing of the apartment space or the boyfriend/girlfriend history.
Pre or post-hookup, no one wants to hear about your friend drama, and, please, don’t ever bring up your cheating exes.
Unless you’re moving, in I don’t want your baggage in my bedroom. If I was your shrink, you’d be on my couch.
Don’t get me wrong, confidence is great. Pick up lines can be funny. But once you cross that line and begin referring to yourself in say, the third person, you’ll just be considered a #$@!
If your hookup is a covert operation, you never go to the other person’s place, and he disappears at crucial times when you’ve already made plans.. not only is this a red flag.. but he’s probably married.
This leads to something I’d like to call, sloppy seduction.. which then leads to something called disaster.
Anyone seen “Knocked Up?”
What are your hookup deal breakers?
So I just read that Harry Balz Novelties, the world’s largest supplier of auto floor mats, spinners and off-brand feminine hygiene napkins, will finally shift their massive manufacturing might from ‘Truck Nutz’ — the most profitable product in the company’s history.
“Car thongs” are the now the new ‘truck nutz.’ Yup, you heard it here first.
I say add this to the list of things to buy someone you don’t really like.
No, not that kind.
This past weekend, my friend was out at a bar meeting up with a guy from her class. She had a major crush on him and she was super excited he’d asked her out.. so why did she end up with his best friend?
The answer? It was a classic robbery. And here’s how it happened:
How to Pull a Robbery
1. Pick the right target: This is important. The guy was good, he knew that the best girls for this are the ones that obviously do not know someone very well. She’s not intimately touching him and maybe her arms are crossed or her attention is at times elsewhere. In other words ladies, anytime you look like you’re bored of one guy, that’s like an open invitation to other guys.
2. Patiently wait for a distraction. A lot of things happen in a bar when a guy has to turn away. This is what got my friend. Her date went to the restroom and literally took forever. Of course she ended up with someone else.. and though the guy is sort of mad about it now, that’s his own fault.
And remember, when a drunk idiot tries to approach a girl on the dance floor who’s actively dancing with another guy.. things never end well.
Advice from the Text Line: A pause is needed. For the first few seconds of your approach, the robbery victim shouldn’t even know that his prospect is getting hollered at. He should back turn around, see his chick enjoying a chat with you, and think, “wtf?!”
Advice from the Text Line: Do not let your girl out of your sight until you make out with her. Going to the bathroom on a girl you haven’t kissed is a risk in sausagefest environments.
3. Do not engage the guy. Don’t be friendly with him and don’t make eye contact with him, because it will just give him an in to come back. And without that he just has to sit back and hope she ditches you.
Advice from the Text Line: Make sure the guy is smaller than you. If a fight is to break out, you’re not going home with the girl if you get your @$# kicked.
4. This one is absolute genius. But make sure you lower his game. How? You know he’s watching every move you make.. so tell the girl, “By the way, that guy you were talking to is staring at us pretty hard right now. I think he likes you a lot.” Almost always the girl will discount him by saying, “Yeah I just met him.” Sometimes she’ll hate on him outright. A girl will never say “I should go back and talk to him.” Never. I guarantee that.
5. Prevent the reverse robbery. Let’s be honest.. the guy is going to be mad. He’ll probably stand sulking nearby, staring hard. The smarter guys realize what’s going on and say something like, “Oh hey, I lost you for a second.” But it’s super important to change locales.. so that any appearance by the guy makes it seem like he’s stalking her. If he pops up at the next place, she’ll label him a creeper.
Advice from the Text Line: Rookie Mistake– You may be wondering, “Won’t the girl immediately turn me down if I approach when she still wants to talk to the other guy?” No.
Think about it, she may want to make the guy jealous by talking to you, never guessing that your game is tighter and she will actually become more attracted to you instead.
But remember, your robbery attempt will only succeed if your overall value is higher than the guy’s. If you’re a loser and the other guy is obviously way cooler than you.. you’re doomed.
Advice from the Text Line: You will not even rob a pack of bubblegum if your game is weak.
Have you ever pulled a robbery?
have you ever pulled a “robbery?” tell me about it. text 23504.
happy friday. text in your requests to 23504