Wednesday, May 21st, 2014
Now’s the time of year you are planning your summer road trips, or if you’re like me, planning on what to do in town because you’re too broke for a road trip! Well, either way, you’re going to need toms tunes to get you through whatever summer shenanigans you and your buddies dream up. Being a fun loving guy who loves music, I figure I’d give you a head start to your summer playlist! I’ll try to give a good mix of a little bit of everything. Let’s get too it!
- Pitbull w/GRL “Wild Wild Love” – great beat! You put this on at the pool or beach and everyone can get into it and have a great time!
- Beastie Boys “Sabotage” – Talk about a great opening riff that’ll have you driving a bit too fast! Roll the windows down and punch it to your summer freedom.
- Green River Ordinance “It Ain’t Love” – More mellow than the two previous songs, but it’s got a groove that’ll have you looking for that summer fling.
- The Cadillac 3 “Get Your Buzz On” – This song is summed up with the lyrics “We came just for the party. We came for the girls to get naughty.” So if THAT’s the type of summer you want, don’t miss out on this tune.
- Kongos “Come With Me Now” – A bit of a club/EDM beat. Listening to the song, I imagine scantily clad women dancing sexy, then jumping around.
- 5 Seconds of Summer “She Looks So Perfect” – Speaking of scantily clad women, they’ll sing the chorus to this song loud and proud every time! You play music the girls like and now, the more they’ll be hanging around you.
- Katy Perry “Birthday” – Ladies also love them some Katy Perry. You could go with the older “I Kissed A Girl” and hope that the ladies you’re hanging with make out in front of you, but don’t be that cliche.
- Jason Derulo w/Snoop Dogg “Wiggle” – While you have those ladies hanging around you feeling good about their choices, go ahead and throw something on for yourself. The visual that comes with listening to this song is worth the listen itself.
- Bruno Mars “Locked Out of Heaven” – A fun song that most everyone will know. Kind of impossible not to have a good time singing along to this one.
- Coolio “Fantastic Voyage” – This song was MADE for road trips! An old school jam that by the time the song is done, you’ve picked up more people to go along with you without even realizing it.
- Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” – We all do stupid things when we’ve had a bit too much to drink. With this song, you can at least have a little laugh at falling asleep naked in the bushes of your ex-girlfriend’s house.
- Rosehill “Midnight America” – This is the song I generally end my crazy nights with. It’s a WHOLE lot of fun to go and people watch at any late night eatery. The things you see and the people you meet is priceless!
- Paramore “Ain’t It Fun” – Another one that the ladies will have a blast singing along to.
- Shakira “Hips Don’t Lie” – Another one of the songs that automatically get the ladies wanting to shake their hips.
- Whiskey Myers “Anna Marie” – Cool groove, sing along lyrics, and something a little different that’s probably not going to be played in every single stereo up and down the beach or at the pool.
I think I’ll stop there, because I could go on for days! I’d throw in a lot more old school rock, some 90′s tunes, and come more Texas Red Dirt music, but I think these 15 will give you a good start to your summer playlist. If you’d like to talk about other great summer songs, hit me up on Facebook or Twitter.
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
“Maxim” magazine will release its annual Hot 100 list on June 3rd. But yesterday, they revealed several of the ladies who made it. Here they are, with their respective places on the list:
- 11. Rihanna
- 15. Christina Aguilera
- 19. Selena Gomez
- 21. Beyoncé
- 25. Miley Cyrus
- 28. Vanessa Hudgens
- 33. Ashley Tisdale
- 34. Alyssa Milano
- 38. Shakira
- 40. Demi Lovato
- 46. Kellie Pickler
- 48. Paula Patton
- 56. Carrie Underwood
- 69. Danielle Fishel
- 70. Kacey Musgraves
- 73. Rita Ora
- 82. Lana Del Rey
- 86. Victoria Justice
- 96. Iggy Azalea
As usual, some names I thought would be higher aren’t and some names that are higher up I think are too high. For instance, Kacey Musgraves should be a lot higher. Obviously I’m biased due to my musical preferences, but man she’s hot! Maybe before summer hits, I’ll do Drake’s Hot 15 or something? Mine will be really different. Most of the women I find drop dead gorgeous are more girl next door types.
As for this list, one name I notice isn’t previewed is Katy Perry. I’m going to say she’s in the Top 5. What do you think?
Monday, May 19th, 2014
Another nerd movie for me to watch this summer! Even as big of a comic book and nerd movie fan as I am, I didn’t know a whole lot about the Guardians of the Galaxy and that excites me. I’m not going into it thinking “Oh Star Lord’s helmet doesn’t REALLY look like that.” or “That’s not their real origin story!” I’ll be going into the movie and watching it for the pure enjoyment of it. I’m even more excited after watching the latest trailer that came out today!
There’s a talking tree and a talking raccoon! I mean what more could you really want in a movie?
I’ll be sitting front and center for this at midnight opening night! What about you?
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Well many of my hardcore comic nerd brethren were still hoping it was an awful joke and that Zack Snyder really didn’t cast Ben Affleck as Batman for the upcoming “Batman vs. Superman” movie but it’s getting more real by the day.
The first official photo of Affleck’s Batman hit he web today: NEW BATMAN
So, what do you think?
For those not as well versed in Batman lore as myself, I’ll tell you I kinda dig it. It’s a lot like the reinvented Batman from the 1986 comic series “The Dark Knight Returns”, which was written by Frank Miller, the same guy who did “Sin City” and “300″. Here’s what that Batman looks like.
Obviously the best part of the outfit is NO BAT NIPPLES! Again, thank you for that Joel Shumacher…
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
I’ve had my fair share of jobs I wasn’t happy with. Those where you wake up in the morning and think to yourself “Ugh, do I REALLY have to get out of bad and put pants on to deal with this BS today?”
Wanna know if you really DO have a crappy job? CNN posted a list of eight questions you can answer.
So, how did your job fair on the questionnaire? Obviously, there’s always things we’d change about places we work and the things that we do. No one is ever going to be 100% over the moon about their job. There are things to love and dislike about every job. The key to being happy with yours is finding a place where the highs are very high and the lows are minimal and then just dealing with the things you don’t like by keeping a good attitude.