The family film sequel Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules opened in first place at the weekend box office, its $24.4 million take topping the $22.1 million debut of last year’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Zachary Gordon stars as wimpy kid middle-schooler Greg, who battles and bonds with older brother Rodrick, played by Devon Bostick.
Debuting at Number Two was the action fantasy Sucker Punch, about a group of five young women who escape a mental hospital into a fantasy world of battles with dragons, samurais and zombie soldiers.
THIS WEEKEND’S TOP 10 MOVIES — MARCH 25-27
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, $24.4 million
- Sucker Punch, $19 million
- Limitless, $15.2 million
- The Lincoln Lawyer, $11 million
- Rango, $9.8 million
- Battle: Los Angeles, $7.6 million
- Paul, $7.5 million
- Red Riding Hood, $4.3 million
- The Adjustment Bureau, $4.2 million
- Mars Needs Moms!, $2.2 million